Buy, Build, Remodel
When it comes to construction financing, Timberland Bank's construction loan programs are widely regarded as the best-of-kind in the industry. You have the confidence of knowing that our programs have been tried and tested by thousands of satisfied home builders in communities throughout Washington. With our flexible financing options and knowledgeable lenders, your lender will work with you to determine the best option for your situation.
The two-step construction loan provides financing for loans that exceed 80% loan-to-value. You pay interest only during the construction phase as funds are used. The construction term is 12 months. Your loan officer will assist you with converting to permanent financing.
Whether you hire a contractor or choose to build your own home, you can depend on our professional lenders, experienced in all the details of construction financing to guide you every step of the way from land purchase to complete home.
Custom Home Loans
Timberland Bank welcomes those who wish to take advantage of our Owner-Builder program. As an owner-builder you will actively manage your home construction project with the guidance of an experienced and local lender.
Experienced Builders Prefer Timberland Construction Loans
- Competitive loan to value ratios
- Knowledgeable lenders, proficient in the details of construction financing.
- Flexible construction terms
- Our Cost Breakdown worksheet helps you manage your construction budget
- Disbursements by our voucher system to all sub-contractors and suppliers
- Online inspection requests offer added convenience
- Local loan servicing for better service; we don’t sell your records
For more information or to speak to one of our construction loan specialists, please contact us online or call 800-562-8761 to be directed to a lender at the branch nearest you.
Construction Loan Checklist
Construction Vouchers allow you to control your budget as you match your construction budget to actual dollars spent. Vouchers are used to disburse funds for your construction project to your vendors. This payment process provides a system of controls as you match your construction budget to the actual dollars spent for the work.
Here's how our Construction Voucher program works:
- Before you begin work on your construction project, please inform your suppliers that they will be compensated using our Construction Voucher program.
- An inspector will visit your job site at your convenience to document completed work.
- We will then issue a cashier's check for each voucher at our office for only materials or labor marked complete on the inspector's report. An invoice stating the entire cost of the materials or bid must accompany these vouchers.
- You may present our Construction Vouchers to a wide variety of contractors and merchants including Home Depot.