Switch to Timberland
We strive to make your move to Timberland Bank as seamless as possible.
Switching to Timberland is as Easy as 1-2-3!
To maximize your time and minimize any inconvenience, we've provided the information below to help you make the switch.
Step 1Open your new account at Timberland Bank!
Visit one of our 22 Western Washington locations to open your new account. Our Customer Service Representatives are looking forward to helping find the best account for your needs.
Step 2Switch your automatic transfers.
- Download and complete the Payroll Direct Deposit Form and give it to your employer's payroll office. Or, leave it with us and we'll take care of it for you.
- Call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213. Tell them you'd like your direct deposit to go to Timberland Bank. Provide Timberland Bank's routing number (325170754) and your new checking or savings account number from your new checks or deposit slips.
- Notify companies that regularly deposit funds into your account, like payroll departments and pension or retirement plan administrators.
- Gather information for companies that make automatic withdrawals from your account, such as mortgage and insurance companies and health clubs.
Step 3Close old accounts.
- Be sure to leave funds in your old account to cover checks or automatic withdrawals.
- Once everything has cleared, ask that your remaining balance be sent directly to your new account at Timberland Bank.
- Next, be sure to bring your old checks and ATM debit cards into your branch so we can shred them for you. We may even buy them back and pay you up to $10.00!